Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer
1935 Fred Goebel and his sons, Virgil and Harvey, open F.C. Goebel & Son Cabinet Shop – a kitchen cabinet and ﬁ x-it shop in Hutchinson, MN.
1952 The company changes its name to Goebel Fixture Company. It sells its kitchen cabinet business, and begins to focus on store and bank ﬁ xtures.
||1948 Fire nearly destroys the company’s new
2600 sq. ft. facility, built just a year earlier to accommodate
Goebel’s move toward commercial projects.
1955 Fred Goebel passes away, leaving the business to his sons, Virgil and Harvey.
1966 The company is incorporated and earns a well-established reputation in the department store market.
1973 Goebel Fixture Company grows to 63 employees, and begins to produce knife blocks for Chicago Cutlery.
1985 The Company celebrates its 50th Anniversary. Employee count is 133 with 300 additional employees working at job sites across the nation.
1995 Department store business is on a decline due to mergers and consolidation. Business is stagnant, and sales remained flat for six consecutive years.
1999 Goebel Fixture Company reinvents itself through in-depth strategic planning.
2004 The knife block production line is shut down after 7 million blocks are produced.
2007 The company expands its capabilities to include shop-in-shops, vendor shops, and international projects.
|2008 With 105 employees, the company begins strategic efforts
to expand, through partnerships or an acquisition.
||2010 Goebel Fixture Company increases its capacity through the
acquisition of Environments – a 70,000 sq. ft. facility in Minnetonka,